Hadi Law

Adult Coming To The UK To Be Cared For By A Relative

Providing honest and affordable advice, representation, and legal services to clients nationwide.

If you are living outside of the UK and you require someone to care for you, you may be able to secure a family visa to the UK to join your family member. This is known as an adult coming to the UK to be cared for by a relative or an Adult Dependent Relative Visa. It is essential that you instruct an experienced Family Immigration Law Solicitor to advise you when applying for this type of visa as they are notoriously hard to obtain.

Why Choose Us :

Request A Call Back

Call 01772 447000 or Request a Call Back below
Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.


“Great advice, excellent service. Assisted on the case very professionally and effectively. I would recommend them.”

You can trust us to advise you honestly. We will analyse you and your UK family member’s situation and let you know whether the Adult Dependent Relative route is the right one to take. If we believe it is, we will prepare a watertight, persuasive application. Our Immigration Solicitors fully understand how UK Visas and Immigration work and the guidance they must follow. We will meticulously explore every avenue to provide the best chance of you being able to come and live with your UK relative/s.

Please call us for an initial consultation on 01772 447000 or request a callback.

Family visa for adult dependents FAQs

What is an Adult Dependent Relative Visa?

The Adult Dependent Relative Visa allows certain adult dependents of British citizens or settled persons (those with indefinite leave to remain or settled status in the UK) to join their family members in the United Kingdom. This visa is specifically designed for adult relatives who require long-term care due to illness, disability, or other exceptional circumstances.

What are the eligibility requirements for an Adult Dependent Relative Visa?

To be eligible for this visa, you must prove that you are the parent, grandparent, brother, sister, son, or daughter of a British citizen or settled person in the UK. Additionally, you must demonstrate that you require long-term personal care to perform everyday tasks and that this care can only be provided by your family member in the UK.

In addition, the sponsoring family member (the British citizen or settled person) must demonstrate that they can adequately support and accommodate you in the UK without relying on public funds.

Furthermore, you must provide evidence of your dependency on the sponsoring family member, including medical reports and other documentation to establish your need for long-term care.

How long can I stay in the UK?

How long you can stay in the UK depends on your family member’s immigration status.

Let our compassionate and highly experienced Immigration Solicitors give you and your family member the advice you need to have the best chance of being granted an Adult Dependent Relative Visa.

“This company gave me instant support and advice on a very dark weekend. Follow up calls and checking in. I will not forget their kindness, professional attitude, and sound advice.”

For further information speak to us on 01772 447000 or reach out to us on our 7 day a week WhatsApp helpline 07869760533.

× Chat with a solicitor now...