Hadi Law

Choosing Us Your Trusted Partner in Your Asylum-Seeking Journey

At Hadi Law Solicitors, we are committed to supporting asylum-seekers and refugees throughout their journey, ensuring their rights are protected and increasing the likelihood of a successful asylum claim.

Request A Call Back

Or call 01772 447000

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.



Asylum-Seekers and Refugees

Claiming asylum

You must apply for asylum if you want to stay in the UK as a refugee.

To be eligible you must have left your country and be unable to go back because you fear persecution.

You should apply when you arrive in the UK or as soon as you think it would be unsafe for you to return to your own country. Your application is more likely to be denied if you wait.

When you apply you’ll have a meeting with an immigration officer (known as a ‘screening’).

After your screening the Home Office will decide if your claim can be considered in the UK If it can, you’ll have an asylum interview with a caseworker.

You may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) if you have:-

Indefinite leave to remain is how you settle in the UK. It’s also called ‘settlement’. It gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like, and apply for benefits if you’re eligible. You can use it to apply for British citizenship.

Your family members may also be able to apply.

If they’re already in the UK as your dependant, you may be able to include your partner or child in your application. This includes children born in the UK.

Your family members may be able to apply to be reunited with you in the UK if your family was formed before you left your country.

If you formed your family after you left, they must first apply for a visa to join you in the UK. This also applies if they’re not eligible to apply as your partner or child.

Your adult dependent relative can apply if all the following are true:-

You can do the following:-

You can travel outside the UK using a Home Office travel document.

You can lose your indefinite leave to remain if you:-

× Chat Now...