High Risk Offenders
Due to changes in the law, the courts, police, and prosecution service may now regard an offender as ‘high risk’ if they are convicted of a drink or drug driving offence.
What Is A High Risk Offender?
High risk offenders have a ‘label’ attached to their names that will show up on any police check, customs check and employment or CRB check, alongside the criminal conviction. Importantly, the courts will not usually tell you that you are regarded as a high risk offender and therefore you may not be aware that you’re carrying around this burden.
You’re a high risk offender if you:
- Were convicted of 2 drink driving offences within 10 years
- Were driving with an alcohol reading of at least 87.5 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres (ml) of breath, 200 milligrammes (mg) of alcohol per 100 mlof blood, or 267.5 mg of alcohol per 100 ml of urine
- Refused to give the police a sample of breath, blood or urine to test for alcohol
- Refused to allow a sample of your blood to be tested for alcohol (for example if it was taken when you were unconscious)
You’ll get a D27PH renewal form 90 days before your disqualification ends. You must fill in the form and send it to DVLA to reapply for your licence.
For further information speak to us on 01772 447000 or reach out to us on our 7 day a week WhatsApp helpline 07869760533.
How We at Hadi Law Solicitors Help You?
- Free Case Evaluation
- Finding fault with police procedure
- Identifying a defence
- Voiding out of date notices
- Challenging the Notice of Intended Prosecution
Hadi Law Solicitors
Second Floor, Enterprise House,
Salter Street, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 1NT
Fax: 01772 447098
Monday - Thursday 9:00AM - 7:00PM
Friday - 9:00AM - 5:00PM
*Our team are available out of hours you can, call, text or WhatsApp us on 07869760533