Looking for an Immigration Solicitor you can trust? We are experts in every aspect of UK Immigration.
Request A Call BackOr call 01772 447000
You can apply for a student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:-
- have been offered a place on a course by a licensed student sponsor
- have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
- can speak, read, write and understand English
- have consent from your parents if you’re 16 or 17 – you’ll need evidence of this when you apply
If you’re 18 or over and your course is at degree level, you can usually stay in the UK for up to 5 years. If it’s below degree level, you can usually stay in the UK for up to 2 years.
You may be able to:
- extend your visa if you’re eligible, for example to continue your studies in the UK
- switch to a student visa from another visa if you’re already in the UK
- switch to a graduate visa to stay in the UK for at least 2 years after successfully completing your course
You may be able to bring tour partner and children (‘dependants’).
- work as a student union sabbatical officer
You may be able to work – how much depends on what you’re studying and whether you’re working in or out of term-time.
- claim public funds (benefits) and pensions
- work in certain jobs, for example as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
- be self-employed
- study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school)
A graduate visa gives you permission to stay in the UK for at least 2 years after successfully completing a course in the UK.
You must be in the UK when you apply.
A graduate visa lasts for 2 years. If you have a PHD or other doctoral qualification, it will last for 3 years.
You cannot extend your graduate visa. However, you may be able to switch to a different visa, for example a skilled worker visa.
With a graduate visa you can:-
- work in most jobs
- look for work
- be self-employed
- continue living in the UK with your partner and children, if they’re eligible
- do voluntary work
- travel abroad and return to the UK
- apply for most benefits (public funds), or the State Pension
- work as a professional sportsperson
How Can Hadi Law Solicitors Help Me?
With decades of Immigration experience, we truly are one of the top UK Immigration Solicitors. We specialise in visa applications, visa extensions and if your visa has been rejected, visa appeals. Our experts will complete the application on your behalf to help ensure the Visa gets accepted. Visa applications are quite complex and we recommend instructing a Solicitor to complete this for you.
For further information speak to us on 01772 447000 or reach out to us on our 7 day a week WhatsApp helpline 07869768170
Why choose us
- Fully Regulated Solicitors
- No Lengthy Paperwork
- Dedicated Immigration Solicitor
- Decades of Immigration Experience
- Fixed Fee Pricing
Hadi Law Solicitors
Second Floor, Enterprise House,
Salter Street, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 1NT
Fax: 01772 447098
Monday - Thursday 9:00AM - 7:00PM
Friday - 9:00AM - 5:00PM
*Our team are available out of hours you can, call, text or WhatsApp us on 07869760533